New surgery date

We have a new surgery date, November 12th. I wish I could put what I feel when I think about the surgery into words. Part of me is relieved because I know that Hailey's health situation, while guaranteed to always be precarious,  will at least be improved. We will be able to start working on feeding skills that we have had to put off until surgery.  Then, there is the mom part of me, the part that wants to lash out like a mother bear at anyone coming anywhere close to my baby with any surgical instrument.   I had to take Hailey on to get some blood drawn this last week and I confess that, after seeing the nurses dig around in her arm for a vein and then have to switch arms, all while I was trying to hold her down and comfort her at the same time, I wasn'the sure what was coming up first, my tears or my breakfast!  I had thought I was getting better, and I am, but I still have a long way to go. Kudos to the wonderful medical professionals who are willing to deal with that kind of stuff all the time for all our sakes!

Nothing much new to report otherwise. We are still in the thick of the battle to keep Hailey healthy and retain some sense of a "normal" life. We did get to have a bunch of our family come up for Hailey's baby blessing (a religious ceremony where Hailey's daddy got to give her a name and a blessing). It was a sweet and wonderful day. We felt so blessed to be surrounded by our family!

I know we have mentioned our gratitude for the help we have received and continue to receive from so many of you, but I wanted to expand on my feelings about that a little bit. Sometimes it can be hard to ask for help, even when you really need it, even when you are praying for it. But, so many of you have reached out in ways that continue to amaze and humble us. Your kindness to us and prayers on our behalf are felt and appreciated.  They get us through the rough days. So thank you to our many angels on earth for all you do. Hope we can help all of you someday as much as you have helped us!

Comments

  1. You and Ben are beyond words amazing...praying always for ALL of you. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home