Day 28
Hailey had a really good day today. I feel like all of the prayers in our behalf are making all the difference. She looked really good from a breathing standpoint! The plan is to try to extubate (take out the breathing tube) tomorrow. Everyone has been really pleased with her progress.
If she can be successfully extubated and maintain normal (well I should say normal for Hailey) CO2 levels, the trach will be off the table. I think right now no one feels like that is the right course of action unless she really shows that she can't get off the breathing tube.
Today she kept playing with her balloon and it was so cute. They are getting her off a lot of her sedation and it's the first time I've really seen her use her arms very well since we got here. At first she could only move them a little, but she got to where she could use them pretty well by the end of the day. They actually had to put arm restraints on her when I left because she keeps trying to grab the breathing tube. She gave me a lot of smiles. We played "This Little Piggie" with her toes and sang songs, and played peek-a-boo. She lifted her arms way up to me like she always does when she wants me to pick her up. Oooh, it is so hard not to be able to do it, but maybe tomorrow if things go as planned.
Today was such a miraculous day. Everyone who sees her comments on how good she looks now compared to a week ago. I know that it is the faith and prayers of all of you praying for us making the difference. We cannot thank you all enough for the special gift of your prayers for us.
Comments
Post a Comment