Wow it has been a while
Life has been busy, but the good kind of busy, like swimming lessons, having family in town, planting a garden, and getting to go on dates. It has been a wonderful summer so far! Hailey is doing really well. She is starting to really reach for things and is learning to balance as she leans way out. We learned today that she has moderate astigmatism in both eyes, so she will need little glasses.
She is such a sweet happy little girl and so full of life!!! Today I told her I loved her and did the sign language for it and she did the "love you" right back to me!!! It melted my heart!
Hailey turned 2 this last week and was just tickled to have a real Birthday at home. We even took a mini-trip to Yellowstone and took her and the girls on a play with us. They all did great!!! It was the first time in a very long time that Ben has used vacation time for anything other than a hospital stay for Hailey. It was so wonderful!!!!
I have to say another word about people's kindness. We had a babysitter the other night but ended up not having a night nurse so we took Hailey with us and went to Shari's for dinner. A random stranger put $19 toward our meal. Then, a couple of weeks later at another restaurant we ran into one of the sweet ladies who is a receptionist at our pediatrician's office. She was waiting tables. When we went to leave she told us that dessert was on her. I cried. People have no idea what power kindness has. There have been so many acts of service on our behalf that I can never count them or tell them all, but I feel so blessed to see this wonderful side of people.
We have been so blessed. Oh I also had the most wonderful Birthday where I was completely spoiled by family and friends! Thanks so much to all!!!
Such good things to hear! Love you all
ReplyDelete