Miracles

 Hailey had a heart valve replacement last fall and we were really sad to learn that it failed within the first 24 hours. The doctor said she had never had one do that before. The doctors put Hailey on a blood thinner with the hope that it would help the valve start working. We took her back to Salt Lake to have an echocardiogram after a month of blood thinners, but much to our disappointment it still wasn't working. The doctors suggested we come back in 3 months, look at her heart again and see if it was still becoming enlarged due to the valve not working. If it was we would have to re-do the surgery and hope that it would work this time. Ben took Hailey down to get the echo done as I am expecting and wasn't feeling well. He called me from the doctor's office and told me that they had done the echo to check Hailey's heart and to their great surprise it was working! The doctor told us that she couldn't explain how that had happened. It had been months since Hailey had been on blood thinner. She said, "I can't explain how this could happen. I have never seen anything like this before." 

I can't even begin to tell you how relieved and grateful we felt. It can only be attributed to the power of God. There is no other explanation. He is merciful. The number of miracles we have experienced in Hailey's life astounds me. Who are we to deserve such mercy and kindness? It is true that there have been many times the miracles we prayed for weren't the miracles we received, but we received miracles nevertheless. I know that Heavenly Father has poured out blessings--friends, family, doctors, neighbors, even strangers who have loved us, cared for us, and blessed us beyond measure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home