Day 36
Hailey got moved to the 3rd floor today!!! Hooray!!! We are so excited. They are even talking about possibly discharging us early next week. It comes down to a few stable days for her and then making sure that we are very comfortable with taking care of Hailey's ventilator.
I think we are getting to where we feel like we know more about the vent but we definitely haven't gotten comfortable yet. I'm sure it will take some time even when we get home.
For now we are trying to transition all of Hailey's care to us. The nurses are having us do the suctioning and the trach care for now. Gradually they will hand over all her care. It is going to be a busy few days.
Hailey seems really happy today. She has been smiling a lot and I have been getting to hold her, which makes us all happy!
I am so happy to see Hailey doing so well! She is looking good! Good luck with all your training!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad she's doing better. Yay! She looks darling! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to hear!!
ReplyDelete