Hailey is doing well
We had a crazy couple of weeks. I was on jury duty and got called in so my sweet and wonderful night nurse coordinator pulled some quick strings and I was able to pull it off. The next week we all got strep throat! It was kind of a blessing in disguise though because Hailey had seemed kind of miserable and we couldn't figure out why. She kept gagging and pulling on her ears so we thought it was an ear infection and it wasn't. I was really puzzled. However, once I got it I knew she had it because I could barely swallow and my ears were sore and my lymph nodes were super tender. We were able to catch it and get her on antibiotics, which is important because strep can be bad news for your heart if you leave it unchecked. It is also good news because it means Hailey got through a childhood illness at home!!!!!! Woohooo!!!!!
We had our first trach/vent clinic last week and everyone was pleased with Hailey's progress. No one wants to rock the boat too much, which is understandable, but they decided to let us transition back to G-tube feeds instead of using the J-tube, which is great!!! And they want to have her doing more therapy each week.
Nothing else to report really--oh except that our night nurses are covering date nights for us now!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!
Thanks for all your love, prayers and support!!!
Hailey looks so good! All the girls are growing so much! Lots of hugs and love to you my friend. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad all is going well! Hailey is just SO adorable, and I can't believe Abby is so toothless, and Katelyn is such a beauty! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete