All in a Day's work

We have been really busy lately keeping up with Hailey. She has pretty much caught one bug after another, but we are so happy to report that we have been able to stay home and continue with her therapy!! Hooray!! She has been getting speech therapy once a week, physical therapy one a week, occupational therapy twice a week, and usually one nurse visit and one doctor's visit of some kind a week. Between all that and the day to day feedings, breathing treatments, and gagging episodes  (because she has a cold), and our normal life stuff and our other stuff (like calling insurance and doctors offices), I have been struggling to find time to write. Every night I think I will and end up falling asleep instead :-) so sorry for the lack of posts.

Hailey has been doing the cutest things lately, many of which I am anxious to capture on camera but haven't gotten to it yet. She has started folding her arms for prayers, pretending to steer in her toy car, pointing to pictures in books when I ask her to, giggling and squealing and pointing at things she wants. It melts my heart and warms my soul to see it!!! I will post pics when I capture those. The girls have been reading to her and playing kitchen with her. Hailey stirs the food in the tiny pots and pans and pretends to eat it. She holds toy phones up to her ear and recognizes Ben's ring tone when he calls. She gets frustrated that she can't move around like she wants to, but not frustrated enough to do much about it yet :-)

We have been trying to sneak a swallow study in between colds for weeks and it just hasn't happened yet. We are going to try new things Wednesday. Hopefully things will clear up by then. 

Abby and Katelyn are awesome at helping out! I have no idea what I would do without them!!!

Anyway we will try to write more often!" Take care!!

Comments

  1. I don't know how you keep up with it all! So glad you have been able to stay home for awhile! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you keep up with it all! So glad you have been able to stay home for awhile! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home