Update

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long delay between posts. Last week we had to take Hailey in several times because she was right in the worst of the parainfluenza  bug. We went to the ER 2-3 times and the doctor's office a couple of times. She  got viral pneumonia as a complication of parainfluenza. The viral kind is thankfully less serious than the bacterial kind. They call it "walking pneumonia". They put her on a steroid and an antibiotic to prevent a bacterial infection. They offered to admit her to the hospital if we wanted but said that we had enough experience and medical equipment at home to take care of her here if we wanted to. 

We were so grateful to be able to keep her at home! She has improved a lot in the last 2-3 days. 

We were very grateful to have the help of several people in the ward who brought in food and did laundry! 

We are finally trying to catch up on our normal life kind of stuff! Hooray! 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you got to keep her home - I think they recover more quickly! I wish I could give them both a hug!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home