Early Start
Dad's Log: Angie started having contractions this moring around 4 am. We packed up and made a hasty drive from Roy to the University Hospital ER in Salt Lake City (approx. 45 min drive). Angie was admitted and was already dialated to 8 cm when they checked her. Needless to say there was a subsequent flurry of activity. As the attending nurse put it to her shift replacement, the contractions were comming "bam, bam, bam" when they brought Angie up from the ER to Labor and Delivery. They were able to get an epidural started right away so Angie is resting comfortably and I am breathing a little easier too. They are estimating delivery in about 4 hours.
So things are well. Traffic was light this morning during the drive. The Hulberts are watching Abby and Katelyn for us (thank you!). Angie is sleeping. And, I was able to go park our car before hospital security had it towed from the ER drop off area. :)
Once the baby is born, they will pass her through a window here in the deliver room and into the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Depending on how thing are going, I will get to cut the umbillical cord and we can say a brief hello before she gets passed along. A light just turned on behing the blinds leading to the NICU so I am guessing they are already getting things ready. I don't know the exact timing of things after that but a cardiac transfer team will take her across the sky bridge from the Univeristy Hospital to Primary Childrens. We will try and keep you all up to date.
Comments
Post a Comment