Day 3
Well, things are fine. Hailey is back on a tiny bit of oxygen and the cardiologist can't figure out why her oxygen saturations aren't higher when she has had a full repair. I am really hoping we don't come home with oxygen again!
Her chest looks a little better but if it still seems to have fluid in the incision they will open it tomorrow. They said that yesterday but decided to watch for one more day. If they do drain it that will put us here for most of the week or longer if there are any complications from it.
Ben and the girls had to head home today as Ben has no more vacation or sick leave. Poor Ben still has not seemed to really get over whatever illness he got in California and I know he didn't get much rest this weekend. He still did a great job tag-teaming with the girls and Hailey and everything else.
I have to admit that I feel a little discouraged. We were so hopeful that we would be back to a somewhat normal life after this surgery. While Hailey does look SO MUCH BETTER, it seems like some of the old issues popping up.
I feel like I should not be discouraged by a small setback after so many miracles. I just keep having to remind myself that Heavenly Father knows the whole plan and I don't. I pray every day for faith and strength to wait for things to unfold in his timing, but sometimes I don't feel strong at all. It is very much a process to have faith--not just a one-time gift like I think I have always assumed.
We certainly love and thank all of you for your kindess and support and especially for your prayers.
Comments
Post a Comment