Day 54 post-op
Hailey has had a low-grade fever and been throwing up off and on for the last couple of days. She is on antibiotics, so that would seem to rule out a few things. We are watching it. They say we will finish this course of antibiotics on Saturday and just see what she does from there. I am sure they will keep us a few days to make sure she is well enough before we send her home. It could also just be that she is having withdrawals from some of her medications.
She made it 24 hours without any oxygen but her oxygen saturations went down a bit and her heart rate was elevated so we put her back on a tiny bit. I think she will get off it before we come home, but it tends to be a forward and back weaning process, so I am not overly surprised or discouraged by that. Here are some pictures, one without oxygen and then one when we had to put it back on.
We are making progress! I am so happy! Little setbacks are to be expected. I got to take her to the playroom today and let her play with some toys and do some physical therapy. It was fun to have her feel like "my baby" again!!
My dear friends Sam and Eshanthie and their daughter came to visit and brought me lunch! They are so sweet ! Their daughter had a surgery here a couple of weeks ago and is doing well. My friend Katie and her son got moved up to 3 west yesterday too and guess what! We share a room! It is actually a room with 4 babies in it. I stayed with Hailey overnight and with 4 babies in the room it was good practice for sleeping soundly despite the circumstances :-) It was really fun to get to be with Hailey the whole day!!!


I am so happy for you! She is looking so good! We will pray that the infection will get taken care of, so that you can come home soon!
ReplyDeleteHope you get to go home soon. I love her chubby legs. She's so sweet. So glad to know such a brave family.
ReplyDeleteWow..she's doing good! Man I'd love to give that baby kisses! Love to you all sweet hodges!
ReplyDeleteYay for more progress! She is soooo adorable and looking so good!!
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures. She is growing so much! What a cutie.
ReplyDelete