Day 8
Well, Hailey's heart is doing well but they are still trying to find a good place with her lungs. She has to work really hard to breathe so she can't come off the ventilator. They really would like to get her off it. She is doing well coming off other things and she is down to one drainage tube.
They did tell us that there was a risk of injuring the nerves that control the diaphragm during this surgery. Thus far they feel her progress is still in the normal range, but if it continues to be a problem they will start looking at that.
It is hard not to really see the real Hailey. She has been really sedated this whole time so even when she opens her eyes, she isn't really awake. I miss snuggling with her.
She is so sweet. I know Heavenly Father loves her and us and I know He is mindful of us all. One neat thing I forgot to mention is that we got to hear Elder Neil L. Andersen of the quorum of the twelve apostles speak at church on Sunday. He talked about receiving answers to prayers and recognizing the need for Heavenly Father's help in each of our own unique circumstances. It was wonderful. As always we are grateful for your prayers in our behalf.
She is so sweet. I know Heavenly Father loves her and us and I know He is mindful of us all. One neat thing I forgot to mention is that we got to hear Elder Neil L. Andersen of the quorum of the twelve apostles speak at church on Sunday. He talked about receiving answers to prayers and recognizing the need for Heavenly Father's help in each of our own unique circumstances. It was wonderful. As always we are grateful for your prayers in our behalf.
Thanks for the continueous updates. We love you and the boys (and us) continue to pray for you all, day and night.
ReplyDelete