Day 26

Hailey was really awake today. I have never seen her so awake when she is intubated. She smiled at me when I walked in and I read her some books and she really loved that.  It was good to see some of her little personality shining through.  I did feel a little bit bad because every time she saw someone other than me she would cry. She can't really make any noise when she has a breathing tube in so she just cried big alligator tears with no sound, which is kind of more sad than when she cries out loud.  Still, I was glad to see her responding to us.

They took Hailey down to radiology for another CT scan. This time they scanned her abdomen and her head. I guess the pulmonologists were looking for other sources of infection.  One of the pulmonologists was asked to come by to see if Hailey needs to have a trach put in. I'm definitely not excited about that. I haven't had a chance to ask anyone for sure why they are thinking about that. I don't know if they are even really recommending that right now, so I'm trying not to be too concerned about it, but the idea of facing another surgery is daunting. Still, we will see if any of that really is something we have to worry about.

Ben and the girls left for home today, but I still got to spend most of the day with the girls, which was fun! They were very sad to go home as usual, but they will be back before long.  It was such a huge blessing to have spent the last week together down here. We had a lot of fun! We went to see the Christmas lights on Temple Square and Ben took the girls ice skating. We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day. The girls came into Hailey's room and drew pictures on the whiteboard for her, which was cute and sweet. It was just so good to get some family time in.

We sure appreciate all your prayers for us! They are making a difference!! Here are some pictures from the last week:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home