Day 47 since surgery day 50 since arriving at PCH
Well we are back in the ICU. Hailey has rhinovirus, AKA the common cold. I feel terrible because we all had colds last week! Despite keeping the kids totally away and wearing a mask, washing hands, and using hand sanitizer, she still got it.
The doctors here say that rhinovirus symptoms usually last 6-10 days, but the virus can live 30-60 days. So, if Stanford wants her completely virus free we could be in for another month or two of waiting before surgery.
The problem is that I don't know if she can really wait that long. I don't know what they will say.
Please pray that she can be well enough to have surgery on he 17th. However it works out though, I must say that I know that Heavenly Father has been very mindful of us and has sent a multitude of blessings despite our trials. We have been richly blessed and somehow He will work things out for the best, even if I don't understand why or how things to the way they do. It's not that I am super strong or that this isn't extremely difficult. It's just that there have been too many tender mercies, too many little miracles along the way to deny that He has been here with us through it all.


Comments
Post a Comment