Day 56
Well, Hailey has been weaned from a lot of stuff and with any luck she will be onto the 3rd floor by tomorrow.
They are thinking they might have her discharged from the hospital while we wait for surgery but have us stay down here. It will be interesting. I may have the girls come down so they can stay with me. It has been really hard to be apart.
Hopefully we can get into the Ronald McDonald house soon. Palo Alto is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. so the RMH is literally a godsend, but very full this time of year so I don't know how long we might have to wait. The wonderful Hess family has offered to let me stay while we work things out if need be. It has been so good to see them again.
It sounds like we should have a new surgery date hopefully by the end of the week.
Love you all. This has been a very difficult journey of late. I think we are just feeling burned out and also very sad about my cousin passing away. More than anything we want to be home with our little family living the day-to-day normal. I just ache for Hailey to be able to run and play and just enjoy being a baby.
We pray daily for strength to endure. Hope you know that your prayers are powerful and mean so much to us.
I do not know why Heavenly Father allows each of us to suffer things that are so hard and overwhelming sometimes. I only know that somehow good will come of it if we let Him take the reigns. I know He means to make more of me than I can make of myself.
I'm so glad Hailey is doing so well, that is just wonderful. I have loved seeing so many pictures of her, thank you so much for posting all of those. I'm sorry you are going through so much right now. Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteAngie, you are amazing! Your strength and faith is so inspiring to me! I've been thinking about you a ton and am happy Hailey's doing better. I'm so sorry about all you're going through right now. I love you all!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!! Sure love you all and appreciate you rooting for us!
ReplyDelete