Angels Among Us! Thank you all so much!
Abby, Katelyn, and Ben arrived in Idaho Falls today. They walked into a clean house decorated beautifully with all of our Christmas decorations and more and with a crock pot full of hot food and warm bread. Sister Jeffs from our ward picked Ben's mom up from the airport to come watch our kids and she (Bens mom) was there too. I can't even begin to express my gratitude and that of my familly for your kindness. I shed tears of joy today seeing how my family is being cared for. I know that Heavenly Father has sent us tons of amazing angels on Earth and probably some from Heaven too. I wish I had words for how I feel. I want you all to know that as long as I live, I will never forget the kindness and generosity that has been shown to us over and over. I would have never wished for a trial like this to come to me, but I have seen a depth of compassion in other people that I couldn't have imagined or experienced in any other way. I am grateful to have been privileged to see what I have seen and for our family to be the humble recipients of such great acts of love. Thank you all!
Hailey is doing really well today. They turned her oxygen down to 25% and came down some on the ventilator too. It sounds like they will try to take the breathing tube out on Thursday if she continues to improve. I have heard from other heart moms that extubation can often be a 2 steps forward, 1 step back process. A lot of times they take it out and end up having to put it back in if it doesn't go well, so we are praying that she will be able to make it there and tolerate it well. We still have a long road ahead of us after they take the tube out, but I will finally be able to hold her once the tube is out and I am thrilled at that thought! I know that your prayers and faith in our behalf are making a difference. Love to all of you!
Comments
Post a Comment