Day 36 Post-op

Well, sorry the updates haven't been more frequent. I admit that I am quite a bit busier now that she is awake more but I definitely won't complain about that! It is so good to see our little Hailey shining through!!! 

It has been tough keeping her on enough sedation medication to keep the withdrawal symptoms down without sedating her so much that she needs the cpap for breathing support. 

The last few days she has had a lot of withdrawal symptoms-large pupils, frequent gagging, explosive stools, agitation, insomnia, etc. She was withdrawing enough yesterday that she was awake all day except when I held her. I stayed at the hospital until 11 last night trying to get her to sleep, but she was just wired from the withdrawals.

So, today they went up a little on one of her sedation medications again and that really seems to have helped. The last picture is pretty much how she was until just after dinner.

Her heart rate has been high so I wondered if she was going to have another fever and she does. It was 103 this evening, but once we put some washcloths on her she was happy and playing. I got lots of smiles. Sorry, the 2nd picture was taken after they had dimmed the lights for the night so it makes her look a little sickly but I couldn't resist that smile!!! They put a mobile up for her and she LOVES it!!!

Comments

  1. Love her smile!!! So glad she is moving forward! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home