Day 19
Hailey did pretty well today. They did a little test run by turning the ventilator down and she handled it okay, so as long as tonight goes all right they will try to take the breathing tube out tomorrow.
I am sure we will need prayers tomorrow because sometimes extubating can be rocky. You can't completely know how ready they are until you do it, so we will see what happens.
Today I got to spend some time with a friend from the RMH. Her husband and kids just went home too, so we hung out. We tried to go see the Christmas Crèche that the local stake is putting on but I had gotten the dates mixed up, so they were actually just setting up for it. It doesn't start until Saturday. One of the ladies setting up was nice enough to show us around a little. All I can say is WOW!!!!!! The whole gym looked like an ancient Jerusalem marketplace. They are going to have stations where you can see someone running a pottery wheel, make cheese, make bread, etc. Then all the different rooms will have nativity sets from different parts of the world. They have an amazing stage set up in the Primary room for a marionette show. The decorating is amazing. They had huge fluffy clouds made of cotton and glittering stars hanging from the ceiling. We are going to see if I can extend my rental car so we can go back and see it. I will take pictures and post them. It is going to be fabulous!!!

Comments
Post a Comment