Day 31 continued

So far so good. She is doing all right. Her CO2 is a little high but holding steady for now.

She doesn't really love the cpap but it is a lot more comfortable than the tube. Her oxygen is higher and her heart rate lower than before, both of which are good. I got to hold her, which was really nice.

Mom left this morning and was able to get out on her scheduled flight. Having her here has been so fun!!! Plus, it was a pretty hard Sunday when Hailey couldn't be extubated, so I was really grateful not to be alone for that. 

Ben's mom is still watching our kids and everyone seems to be handling that well. I feel very blessed to have been able to find some dear friends here. I have been running around a bunch with my friend Katie. Her little girls and husband had to go home too so we have been hanging out. My other dear friend Heather got to take her baby home Friday so that was exciting!

Our dear friends, the Hess family, had us over for dinner and included Katie too. We all had a wonderful time! On Sunday we went to a wonderful Christmas program in the Hess's ward. They have a beautiful annex building behind the church and they had a brunch and a program. It was wonderful!

Thank you for all your love, prayers, and support. I continue to hope that Hailey can stay off the breathing tube!! 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad she got the tube out! You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers continually. We will pray hard that she continues to keep it out. I love all of the updates and am so grateful for all of the wonderful people who have helped you and your family. I wish we were closer and could do more. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see that they were able to remove the tube, we will keep praying that Hailey will continue to improve without it. I feel bad I have not commented for awhile! I try to check your blog everyday and I cried the day you were able to hold her again. I am so glad you have found some wonderful friends there! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! If Ben or you need anything, please let us know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home