Day 22
Hailey's fever was high yesterday and she was just restless and uncomfortable all day despite the best efforts of all the wonderful nurses. So, last night they decided to turn up the settings on her ventilator and add another antibiotic.
This morning she is much calmer and sleeping well. They say they may try to take the tube out sometime late tomorrow, but I am not getting my hopes up just in case. They say if she has a fever again they wouldn't do it.
We also moved rooms yesterday because they had an older patient that needed the room we were in. Now we are in a big room that they call "the pod" with 6 other babies. We don't have any privacy, but it is actually quieter than our old room because the teenage boy next to us in the shared room we had before was on life support and there was always a lot going on.
Yesterday I did get to go to The Nutcracker in San Jose, CA. The RMH gave free tickets to those who wanted them, which is amazing because they are normally $52 for an adult. It was a totally spectacular performance. I was really glad I went. My friend from the RMH came with me. It was fun.

You can do it Hailey Bop!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Daddy
Just me saying I love you. I'm glad you got to see the Nutcracker...I believe you when you say it was amazing! One day at a time...all my love
ReplyDeleteLyns
You are always in my thoughts and prayers. You two are some of the most amazingist people I know. Keep fighting Hailey! Love Michelle
ReplyDeleteLove you guys so much!! You give me strength! Thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete