Christmas and Day 42 :-)


Christmas was good. We really missed our families but we were happy to be together. Not having Hailey here with us for Christmas morning was kind of hard, but we took her presents up to the hospital. Ben got to hold her for the first time since surgery (1st time in 42 days) and she was so happy when she realized it was him!

When she first saw all of us she started crying a really sad cry because I think she just wanted to be with us, but once she was in Ben's arms she was really happy.

This morning I came in and found her on regular oxygen instead of the high flow. If she continues to progress for the next couple of days they will not do the cath they had talked about doing on Monday so I am grateful for that. 

They are talking about transferring her to Primary Children's next week sometime. We still have a lot to figure out on oral feeding.

I was so happy to see Abby and Katelyn and Ben again!!!!!!!!!! My friend Alisa Jeffs from home made mileage bags. ( a lunch bag with a snack and an activity, one for every 100 miles)  for our kids to help them handle the trip. They loved them!!! We had a few really cool things happen. Two other amazing heart families surprised us with gift cards! It is so humbling and amazing to meet families going through these difficult times and seeing their generosity! The Hess family had us over for Christmas dinner.  Katie came with us to Christmas dinner which was even more fun! She is such a sweetheart! Judy and Charlie Hess made us part of their gingerbread house tradition and let the girls decorate gingerbread houses. Judy also had necklaces and Christmas gift bags for them. They were thrilled to get to play with the Hess's granddaughter too! 

Earlier Christmas Day, I took the girls to the cafeteria for lunch while Ben was holding Hailey. They were really hungry by then so by the time I was getting through the cafeteria with both of their trays and dolls ( they brought them to show Hailey) I had my hands full. A cafeteria supervisor saw me and helped me carry the trays and then gave us a couple of meal cards to cover our dinners. It was so sweet!

So many people have been so kind. We have been so blessed. I have to wonder, "why us? Why are people so kind to US?" It seems like even people who hardly know us have singled us out as people they want to help. It is amazing and humbling and inspiring. Love has amazing power. I can't express what I feel when I think of all who pray for us and have helped us this year. I have no words. 

Here are some photos! Hailey's reaction to the girls and to Ben! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home