Day 39*
I realize that I am posting day 39 on what is technically day 40, but I was going to write a quick update about yesterday. They have had to go up on the flow of oxygen for Hailey on the nasal cannula, which I guess is a bit concerning to them. Usually kids progress from high flow to low flow pretty quickly. So, they are going to have Hailey do a lung profusion scan today. It is just a scan of the lungs where they insert dye through her PIC line (like an IV) and take pictures to see where the blood is going and how it is flowing through her lungs. It is a routine test they do after this kind of surgery anyway before they go home, but they want to do it now just to rule out any problems there.
A couple of pulmonologists came and looked at Hailey too. They mentioned trachomalasia, which is a fancy way of saying that the muscles in Hailey's airway have become kind of soft and floppy as opposed to strong and toned. I don't know what the next steps will be if that is the case. Whenever the doctors are concerned about something it is a process of starting with a big list of scary things it could be and then eliminating things from that list. So, while the term sounds scary I am not going to stress about it a bunch until they find out what they can rule out.
I will post again about what I find out and I will put some pictures on here too. I keep taking pictures on my phone so I am having to post them seperately because typing on my phone is difficult.
I am getting very excited because Ben and the girls will be here on Christmas Eve! I am so excited!!! That is the best Christmas gift I could ask for, well except for Hailey getting out of the hospital--that would be amazing too!
Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season. More than ever I am grateful for the Savior's love and His miraculous power to help us through any trial. Love you all!
Merry Christmas, Angie. You're so often in my thoughts and always in my prayers.
ReplyDelete