Day 18

Hailey started on high flow oxygen after having her breathing tube taken out yesterday, but she was having to work pretty hard to breathe so they put her on a bi-pap mask to give her a little more support. It is really cumbersome and usually Hailey hates them but she was the most comfortable I have seen her in days after they put it on and she pretty much slept all day. 

Hopefully she will be able to get down it just oxygen soon. 

Her belly is 2 cm smaller though still swollen. Her infection number went up just a bit so they changed antibiotics.  

I got to hold her again today and I thought I saw a tiny smile and she tried to touch my face like she always does at home. It was good to see a glimmer of the real Hailey in there. 

It sounds like they will probably have to move her heart surgery, which just makes me want to cry, but we have to do what is best for Hailey. I just want her to be well so it is really hard to face more months with no real improvements.  

We appreciate all your prayers and words of kindness and donations and love. We often find ourselves tearfully on our knees in gratitude for the kindness we have received.  Love you all!


Hailey on high-flow

Hailey on bi-pap

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home