Day 20

Hailey is doing about the same today. The CT showed that there is still a pocket of fluid going toward her heart but it is much smaller than before, which is good, and they think her current antibiotics will take care of that. 

I also talked to Hailey's main cardiologist last night and she thinks we should try to still have the June 17th heart surgery unless Hailey has any more infections or complications in addition to what we are already dealing with. 

I was relieved to hear that. As difficult as it may be to go from one hospital visit right into another, I will just be glad to have it done so she can have a break! Even the surgery in June is dependent on her pulmonary pressures being lower than they were in November so we will pray that her little vessels grow! 

Thank you all for your prayers. 

The child life specialist here gave me an early Mother's Day present. The nurse and respiratory therapist helped her snap a quick picture with Hailey's mask off! It has been a long time since I have seen her without anything on her face! I LOVE IT! I almost cried when she brought it! Here it is: 


The child life specialist said she told Hailey it was for mommy and she looked right at the camera! 

We feel so blessed! Hailey's recovery has been a complete miracle!! Love you all!

Comments

  1. So nice to see her face!!!! So sweet that she looked at the camera. Missing you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home