Day 32

Hailey has a fever today, so they are running blood cultures on her central IV line and on her breathing tube etc to try to figure out what is going on. 

As far as Stanford it sounds like they are going to try to keep the June surgery date unless she is starting a new infection and then it would be pushed back even later. We really need her not to have another infection! She is needing the other surgery but they don't like doing surgery so close to an infection. Once again, we will have to take it day by day. 

So, I think we will be here a couple more weeks. Hopefully she can get well enough for the June surgery! At least she seems more comfortable today.

 I spent some time with my friends today. They drove up to hang out at the park with their kids. It was really fun to see them! I have seen a lot of my friends and family, which is so fun!!

The Ronald McDonald House room also gave me a pass to the Jewish Community Center, which is like a big Rec Center. They have 2 pools, one indoor, one outdoor, a gym, a weight room, and fitness classes. It is really neat and is very close to the hospital. 

I went today and did some weight lifting and a few laps in the pool. It was a really nice break!!

Ben and the girls are coming up tomorrow! I can't wait to see them!! My family is probably going to come down this weekend too, so that will be really fun!!

This has been such a long road and at times it has felt so daunting, but somehow Heavenly Father has carried us through. He hasn't taken the burden away, but He has made us able to bear it, which is an absolute miracle to me. I am so grateful for the atonement of our Savior which makes the bearing of any burden possible. It does not mean that we don't feel the sorrow of it, but somehow we make it through. Every time I feel that I can't take one more setback or one more difficulty, he sends peace. 

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We need them and they carry us so much more than you could ever know.

The top picture shows all the pumps that are back again. 

Comments

  1. Praying for you Angie, Ben, all little girlies. I love you all very much. You are wonderful people. One day at a time is right my dear. I think of you often and prayer for comfort and strength for baby Hailey during this hard time on her body. Talk with you soon. All my love to you guys.
    Lyns

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home