Day 16
They rounded early this morning, so I missed rounds. (It is always a little disconcerting when they round on your child early in the morning because they come talk about the sickest kids first). She still has a fever and they are having trouble figuring out why. It feels like the last time we were here. It was kind of the same thing. She had high temps, nothing ever grew out of the cultures and no one could figure it out.
Her knee and right arm have been red and warm off and on so I think they are going to do some ultrasounds to see if there is anything of concern in there.
She was so uncomfortable yesterday that she just kept writhing around and grimacing and reaching her hand out. It just broke my heart watching her like that. They tried several different drugs to try to make her more comfortable, but it was about 10pm by the time we found something that really worked for her. She finally settled down before I left last night.
The doctors tell me that at the moment, she is more of a mystery than an emergency but they are worried about her being septic. I try not to get nervous when I hear about sepsis, but I feel like I have to fight the panic a bit because she was so bad when she was septic before and sepsis is very serious.
We still need lots of prayers. I keep hoping and praying that she will be able to get over these things so we can all be home together again. It is so hard to see her suffering so much and to feel so helpless to do anything to comfort her.
They did decide they had been overfeeding her, which was contributing somewhat to her high CO2? It sounds strange, but that's what they said. Her lungs sound good so that is good news.
Oh Angie, I'm so sorry. 😟 Poor sweet little Hailey. I hope she can feel better and get comfortable. We are praying for you all. Love you all so much!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePlease let us know if we can help in any way! I hope they will be able to find out what is going on soon. Hailey is always in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Angie. I love you dearly sweet friend will continue to pray for Hailey's much needed improvement.
ReplyDelete