Hailey looks comfy
Well despite it all, I have to say that it is nice to see Hailey looking comfortable. She is sleeping really well right now. Ben and I set an appointment to meet with the team of doctors tomorrow to discuss the trach. We spent the evening compiling a list of questions and concerns. We would also really appreciate prayers that we can be blessed with the wisdom to know what course to pursue with regard to the trach. We know that we have amazing support from family and friends. We couldn't handle all of this without all of you. We are so grateful for the many miracles we have witnessed in Hailey's life. There have been so many and Heavenly Father has taught us so much.
Despite being very sad about the decisions we are facing with regard to the trach, we have felt a lot of peace. I don't know how things will turn out, but I know that Heavenly Father is not only mindful of us, but walking through this with us. He has not forgotten us. The Savior is real and completely understands our feelings. When I am really upset or discouraged I can feel that He is patiently guiding me through. He doesn't condemn me for my fears or frustrations. Instead, He sends me peace. I'm so grateful for that. There are so many unknowns with Hailey that the waves of worry and grief can be almost crushing sometimes. But the amazing thing is that somehow when I am at my lowest and I turn myself over to God He either fixes it or makes me able to bear it.
Ben is going to stay in Salt Lake for tonight so that we can both sit down and discuss things with the doctors. The girls are thrilled to stay an extra night so that is a silver lining in the situation. I am glad Ben can stay so we can make a good decision together.
We will keep you posted on our visit with the doctors.
I'm so sorry to hear about the hard decision you are facing. We are praying for your family! I hope you know how much I love you and your sweet family! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!
ReplyDeleteHeartbreaking. What a difficult day you have ahead of you. We continue to pray for sweet Hailey and trust that God is at the helm and that all things will work together for her good and the good of your family. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about Hailey, and so heart broken for you and Ben to have to make yet another tough, tough decision. Our prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for Hailey and your family!
ReplyDelete