Day 20

Guess what! 2 great things! Hailey's fevers are gone and I got to hold her today!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I held her for about 4 hours. It seemed like it just flew by. She was really sad when I came in this morning, but after I held her, she seemed a lot happier and a lot calmer. That was the first time I have held her since we got to Salt Lake over 2 weeks ago, so I was thrilled!!! I got to hold her and rock her. I feel lighter and happier just for having been able to hold her!

My mom came down to Salt Lake to keep me company and that has been a huge help. It is so nice not to sit here for hours on end by myself. She and I have had a great time just chatting and talking to Hailey.

Music therapy came in today and were singing to Hailey. Hailey reached out for the guitar and they let her strum it while they held the chords down for the song. It was awesome!

I am really happy that we have the team of doctors we have this week. They are all people we know pretty well and who know Hailey well. They are still talking about the trach if we can't make some good progress on the ventilator in the next few days, so we just need to pray like crazy that she can make progress. Her lungs need to heal and her stomach needs to go down in size. It is a bit of a catch 22 because gettinng her stomach/gut moving again is what will help it go down so she can get off the ventilator. However, having her on the ventilator means she has to be on sedation which slows her gut down and makes getting her stomach smaller take longer. We kind of need to get off the vent so we can get off the vent, which doesn't really work.But, patience, patience, patience, and lots of prayers. I know she can do it with Heavenly Father's help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Hailey Hodge

Home Sweet Home!!!

Day 24 Headed Home