Day 5
Dad's Log: Not much change for Hailey today. They adjusted some vent settings but are otherwise letting her be. The steroid she is on makes her blood sugar high so she is on insulin until they discontinue the steroid. She has had a lot of runny stool caused by the C-Diff but that appears to be tapering off today, a sign the antibiotic she is on may be working. She still has a persistent high fever that goes up and down. This is likely the result of the C-Diff and/or virus. More to come tomorrow.
Sending lots and lots of hugs. I'll be up there, without Aaron, Tuesday evening if you need anything. I'd hold off on the trach if possible until she's better. Metapneumo will make breathing hard and C.diff is just no fun. It may be that once she gets past that, things get (relatively) easy again. You know where I am if I can help if you end up going the trach route. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteWe appreciate the updates so much. I just wish there was more we could do. We will keep praying for all of you. Your faith and strength is incredible. I have no doubt that angels are bearing you up. Hang in there. We love you all dearly.
ReplyDeleteWe appreciate the updates so much. I just wish there was more we could do. We will keep praying for all of you. Your faith and strength is incredible. I have no doubt that angels are bearing you up. Hang in there. We love you all dearly.
ReplyDeleteWe fasted for Hailey today and continue our prayers for her and you. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete