Day 6
Hailey is slowly making some progress. It is in teeny tiny baby steps, but she does seem to be moving forward a bit. They had to take her downstairs to Interventional Radiology to get another PICC (pronounced "pick") line. It is kind of like an IV, but they run the tube way through the vein almost to the heart. They are great because you can use them to draw blood painlessly, but there is always a risk of infection and damage to the vein. I think this is the 3rd PICC she has had. They have her on insulin because the steroids are making her blood sugar high. Because of that they have been poking her fingers or toes every hour. Poor Hailey. Her little fingers and toes look pretty beat up, plus she has bruises all over her arms from blood draws and IV attempts. We sure love and miss our sweet girl.
On the up side, a pulmonologist came to see her today. He thinks she probably only has the high CO2 when she is sick and said that he thinks we just need to treat the asthma more aggressively when she is well so that she has a better reserve if she gets sick. He said he wouldn't push for a trach unless she has trouble getting off the breathing tube, so we need a lot of prayers that she will be able to get off the breathing tube soon.
I read through all of your comments. You all make us feel so loved and supported. Sure appreciate all your kindness, thoughts, prayers, and fasting for our family!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI haven't made it to your blog as often as I should, but I've been following your story through those that do. Your little family is constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure it's not just Hailey that needs them. We love you and don't you give a single thought to Primary. We've got you covered!
ReplyDeletePoor sweet little Hailey. I think of you guys constantly and we pray for you every time we pray. I love you guys soooo much. I'm sorry you have all had to endure so much.
ReplyDeletePoor sweet little Hailey. I think of you guys constantly and we pray for you every time we pray. I love you guys soooo much. I'm sorry you have all had to endure so much.
ReplyDeleteSo glad for the tiny steps she makes! And thank heavens they feel like they won't need to do a trach!! Continued prayers for her for swift healing. Love you guys!
ReplyDeletePraying for Hailey babe and your sweet family. I wish I was there to give you a bug hug. Please know that I love and care for you all dearly.
ReplyDelete