Day 15
The breathing tube is out and Hailey is on bi-pap!!! Now we just have to pray like crazy that she won't need to have the breathing tube put back in!
You just never know. The first 6 hours are the most likely time to be re-intubated. She has a big mask on her nose, which she hates, but the tube is out and they are letting her wake up!!
I don't have any pictures yet because I have been with Abby and Katelyn today and Ben has been at the hospital with Hailey all day waiting for them to extubate. They were going to extubate this morning but it took her longer to come out of the sedation than they first expected.
We are so excited!! If we can just hold onto the ground we have gained this is a huge step toward going home, though there are lots more steps to go--this is one of the most difficult to get through.
Thank you for all your prayers. I will post pics as soon as I can!
That is wonderful news! We we keep her in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Praying that she can stay off the breathing tube!!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys! Go Hailey!!
ReplyDeleteSuch good good news! Prayers for continued good news!
ReplyDelete